APRN - Mental Health
Sound Community Services, Inc. is a private, not-for-profit organization dedicated to educating, assisting, and supporting individuals with persistent mental illness and substance use disorders. We work tirelessly to create a culture and environment in which recovery and wellness are possible.
Provide medication management to assigned caseload.
- Provides psychiatric treatment, including assessment, diagnosis and prescription of psychotropic medications to persons served.
- Provides medical management as needed to assigned caseload.
- Meets agency productivity standards.
- Participates/leads multi-disciplinary teams.
- Responsible for documentation of client progress/outcomes in the progress notes, medication records, treatment plans, quarterly treatment reviews and discharge summaries. It is expected that this documentation will be done in a timely manner.
- Responsible for persons served contacts and treatment planning according to the agency's CQI standards, licensure standards and reimbursement provider standards.
- Available for psychiatric urgencies or emergencies.
- Consults and coordinates care with clinicians, nurses and other APRNs and MDs or DOs.
- Attend the mandatory PSRB Acquittee Fundamental Training Program and refresher courses in accordance with DMHAS requirements. Understand the responsibilities of community providers when providing services to an acquittee.
- Attends staff meetings and serves on clinical and administrative committees as assigned.
- Provides staff education as assigned by the Medical Director.
- Responsible for knowing and following all agency policies. It is expected that the employee in this position will know and follow all code of conduct policies and the agency's code of ethics.
- Responsible for knowing and following all agency health and safety policies. Responsible for participating in drills and attending all related training sessions.
- It is expected that confidentiality and discretion will be maintained at all times.
- Supports clinical research efforts as part of the agency's mission.
- Performs related tasks as assigned.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, and climb stairs. The employee frequently is required to walk, talk and/or hear; Speaking and hearing ability sufficient to communicate effectively by phone or in person at normal volumes; Vision adequate to read correspondence, computer screen, forms, etc. The employee is occasionally required to stand and climb or balance. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this position include the ability to adjust focus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Paid Time Off, Medical, Dental, Vision, Tuition Reimbursement, Licensure Reimbursement, Malpractice Insurance, etc.
Education: RN in Nursing, completed master level training. Licensed as an Advance Practice Registered Nurse in the State of Connecticut. Required: prescription of addictive disorder and persistent mental illness population as co-occurring disorders and application of harm reduction theory a must.
Must be able to obtain a minimal malpractice insurance policy of $1,000,000 / $3,000,000. Experience and interest in community psychiatry and crisis intervention. Certified in First Aid and CPR. Competent use of technology including Electronic Medical Records software. CPR/First Aid Certified. Bi-lingual Spanish preferred.
Sound Community Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, religion, citizenship, national origin/ancestry, physical/mental disabilities, military status or any other basis prohibited by law. EOE, M/F/D/V