Residential Recovery Specialist_Full Time
The Residential Recovery Specialist position provides direct oversight and support services, both psychological and social to chronically mentally disabled and/or co-occurring clients who are making the transition from institutional care to an independent living setting in accordance with the treatment plan.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Provide daily oversight to all resident involved in the program
- Monitor resident’s administering medications as scheduled
- Completing a daily schedule in the electronic medical record
- Completing daily documentation as required by the program
- Provide feedback for treatment team meetings as required.
- Facilitate monthly activities and groups based on life skills assessments
- Complete apartment checks to ensure residents are maintaining cleanliness/upkeep of the apartment
- Assist residents on developing daily living skills such as cooking, cleaning, shopping, transportation, budgeting, personal hygiene, sex education, and other areas.
- Report all changes in behavior or mental state to appropriate team members (ie case manager, Program Coordinator, etc).
- Complete active discharge planning with the residents as needed with direction from the case manager or designee.
- Utilizes motivational interviewing techniques and other techniques to enhance resident’s success of recovery.
- Provide transportation to appointments or scheduled activities.
- Participate and facilitate all safety drills
- Report all maintenance, environment, or emergency situations to appropriate people (landlord, Program Coordinator, AOC, MOT).
- Ability to navigate self in every residents electronic client record
- Manage caseload on a daily basis which includes but not limited to Positive Rewards, activities, mentoring, d/c planning notes, and other ADL skills.
- Provide direct feedback to case manager, or designee, as required to ensure that proper treatment and support is being provided.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 10 lbs.
- Ability to sit, stand, uses hands to finger, handle feel objects, tools or controls, climb stairs, frequent walking, talking, and listening.
- Ability to utilize agency vehicles.
- Complete safety checks as required.
- Completes nightly phone calls to Steady Care as scheduled.
- File all paperwork as scheduled.
- Maintain cleanliness of the office on a daily basis which includes but is not limited to vacuuming, dusting, sweeping, mopping, disinfecting, and removing trash.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, and climb stairs. The employee frequently is required to walk, talk and/or hear; Speaking and hearing ability sufficient to communicate effectively by phone or in person at normal volumes; Vision adequate to read correspondence, computer screen, forms, etc. The employee is occasionally required to stand and climb or balance. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this position include the ability to adjust focus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Associate’s degree preferred; High School diploma (or equivalent) with a minimum of three (3) years of behavioral health or human services related experience required; custodial care will not be counted as experience; excellent written and oral communication skills; current valid driver’s license; CPR/First Aid certified or eligible.
Sound Community Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, religion, citizenship, national origin/ancestry, physical/mental disabilities, military status or any other basis prohibited by law. EOE, M/F/D/V